Skip to main content

Why I Chose To Be Married In The Temple - LDS


The most forward answer I can give is- I chose an eternal marriage, not a earthly one.  I chose to be with the love of my life FOREVER. If some of you don't know, "Eternal" means- lasting or existing forever; without end. For some people this may seem so "out there" or "unreal," yet I look at it and know without a doubt that it is REAL and it is OUT THERE, that's what makes it so amazing and exciting. Now, I know some of you may be thinking that I did it because that's just what Mormons do, or that I feared my parents if I didn't, etc. I am here to tell you that I full heartedley chose for myself, on what I know to be true and how I feel. There have been a significant amount of blessings received from the Lord for being married in the Temple to my sweetheart.

There are so many blessings that come from marriage in the Temple. Like these from LDS.org :
Confidence and Support. When you get married, you have someone who will cheer you on and encourage you in doing what is right, who will lift you up each day, who will share in all your joys and sorrows.
“The most important single thing that any Latter-day Saint ever does in this world is to marry the right person, in the right place, by the right authority.” —Elder Bruce R. McConkie (1915–85)
Children. It brings great joy to be trusted with the care and keeping of Heavenly Father’s children.

Sharing. It is such a great blessing to share in the life of another person and someday in the life of children as well. Your and your spouse’s successes become successes for the family. Making memories together adds deeper meaning to life.
Counsel. A spouse can give you good, honest advice, and you can trust it because you know it’s coming from someone who has only your best interests at heart.
Strength. Two are stronger than one. You can strengthen and help each other to live the gospel more completely.
Laughter. When you know someone this well and when you really trust each other, you’ll enjoy life with laughter and humor.

Love. Being told each day that you are loved is marvelously renewing and refreshing.
Service. There is great joy in serving one another and much more so when you do it for someone you love.
Friendship. You’ll have someone there with you through the good times and bad.
Trust. It is comforting to know that you are with someone who always wants what’s best for you and that you can confide in him or her without fear.
Physical and Emotional Intimacy. Marriage is a unique relationship in which the Lord binds two people in an eternal relationship whose goals include oneness, togetherness, and joy.

Those are just few of the amazing things that come from a Temple marriage. Now, I know that non-temple marriages can have a lot of those things spoken about above, but if you only knew how significantly more they can be with the Lord at the center with a Temple marriage is unmatchable, unthinkable, unforgettable. I know that the Church Of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints is the true church and I am so grateful for a loving, priesthood-holding husband that I get to be with for ETERNITY. To learn more about my faith and Temple Marriage visit LDS.org 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brooks' Birth Story

Brooks' pregnancy was by far my hardest. The struggles with sickness, body pain in every way including a hernia, and the mental battles that I faced was almost too much for me. I know without a doubt that the Lord was aware of me and made up for that which I couldn't.  The only fun part of this pregnancy was not knowing what we were having! I still cannot even believe that I did this! It was such a challenge and by 30 weeks I was aching to nest and had no clue what to nest for! In the end I absolutely loved finding out at birth and will probably do it again!  We ended up moving in June which left me traveling about an hour to my doctor for my appointments. It was 100% worth it and I WILL do it again with my last. He is the best doctor I have ever had and the nursing staff and everyone around was fantastic to say the least! Hospital included. (I'll get to them later!)  Once I got about three weeks from my due date I requested for my membranes to be str

Gma-H and Aunt Mandee came to visit!

YAY for Gma-H and aunt Mandee visit!  Emmy loved getting to see these two and have a fun weekend shopping and at the pool! She was all smiles all weekend long! I am so glad they were able to fly out and see our family for a bit. I hardly get to see my little sister because she plays college ball in Wyoming. It's the pits!!! For being a few months since they last saw her, Emmy acted like she knew exactly who they were! I'm sooooooo grateful for such an awesome mother who really helped our family out during this trip and for her unconditional love and support for us! She is the real deal peeps :) Emmy adores her just like I do! Thanks for the GREAT weekend you two! -Love Kam & Tys What an awesome sunset we got to see on our drive home!  SHOPPING & FOOD! We had a blast at the mall where Gma-H spoiled us all! We got to ride this elephant around the mall for 12 minutes! Emmy was so content and loving it! ^^^^  Party at the pool! Our pool i

I ran.

As some of you may know me well, you know that I do not care for running. I don't mind running for sports like softball, but something about just plain running is not appealing to me. Ever since Tyson and I have been married he has been trying to get me to go running and to like it. Tyson however, is a big runner. Super good at it and ran cross country and track in high school. It is so easy for him! We have been married 4 years now and I finally decided to run. My family (the Davis Clan) do the Turkey Trot every year, it's their tradition. This year I decided that I wanted to join in with everyone and do the race as well! Well, we got there with only like 5 minutes before the race started and still had to wait in a line to get our numbers. We started the race alone. I had such good entertainment the entire race. Tyson, my brother-in-law Steven and our friend Scott all ran and it was so much fun!! They kept me going and kept me entertained to say the least. All in all it was