Skip to main content

Riggins's Birth Story


Riggins Tyson Cox. 
Born March 24, 2016 @ 10:59 P.M. 
Weighing 6 pounds 15 ounces and 20 inches long. 

This birth was so different than the first with Emmy. With Emmy it was all planned out and I got induced. With Riggins, he came on his own and he surprised us all! 

That morning of the 24th I had a doctors appointment. I went in and my doctor, Dr. Wilson at Southwest Contemporary Women's Care, said that I was dilated to a 4! However, people say you can be dilated to a 4 for weeks before a baby decides to come... BOOO!! So he stripped my membranes since I was 38 weeks and 6 days along in my pregnancy. Well we scheduled for another appointment hoping to not have to have it and we left. 

We got home around 11:00 AM and we ate lunch and then I got Emmy down for her nap. I was feeling some pain from the stripping of membranes, but I had contractions and pain when I did it with Emmy as well. So I just ignored it. They hurt enough after a while that I decided I would just take a nap as well. I laid down and figured these contractions would eventually go away. (like they did with Emmy.) Well I was wrong! My cousin Ashley called me and as we talked she said it sounded like labor and I should go in! I was still pretty hesitant because this was all a new experience for me since I was induced the first time. I waited a while longer and then decided to text my aunt. Her and my uncle came out and picked up Emmy and me and we headed for the hospital. I called Tyson and he met us there from work. 

We checked into Triage and waited there for a couple hours hoping that I would progress from the 4. Still having very consistent contractions and very strong ones to the point of no talking and MAD GRIPPING! They finally okayed me to go walking so Tyson and I went to the cafeteria and got some fruit. I walked for about 45 minutes and then it was time to check again to decide if they would send me home or get me into a room.  I WAS DILATED TO A 6!!!!!!! YAY! That meant that I got to stay and be put into a room! I was so excited. 

We got moved into the new room where we would have baby. My Labor and Delivery nurse was AMAZING! She was so nice and helped so much. Couldn't have asked for better nurses for BOTH of my pregnancies. After a few hours of being stuck at that 6, I got my epidural and was feeling good! Or so I thought..... my stomach is weak sauce that I threw up. Probably from the antibiotics I was getting in my IV. After that, the doctor came in and broke my water, well kind of (he couldn't quite get it all I guess). After a little while I was starting to feel my contractions pretty well. They gave me some more juices to try and solve that problem ;) and I was hoping it would kick in before pushing time. Well it worked a little, not all the way and it was time to push. I only pushed for 11 minutes and out came the sweetest little baby boy. I did feel quite a bit of the pushing and the last little while of contractions. I am still grateful for my epidural, I still believe it took most of the pain. It was different to actually feel baby this time though. Only got a 1st degree tear this time around! WAHOOOO! 

We are so in love with this little man. Especially his big sister. She can't get enough! My heart is so full and I am beyond blessed by my Heavenly Father for letting me take care of not only one, but two of his children! They are perfect and wonderful and we love them so much! <3








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brooks' Birth Story

Brooks' pregnancy was by far my hardest. The struggles with sickness, body pain in every way including a hernia, and the mental battles that I faced was almost too much for me. I know without a doubt that the Lord was aware of me and made up for that which I couldn't.  The only fun part of this pregnancy was not knowing what we were having! I still cannot even believe that I did this! It was such a challenge and by 30 weeks I was aching to nest and had no clue what to nest for! In the end I absolutely loved finding out at birth and will probably do it again!  We ended up moving in June which left me traveling about an hour to my doctor for my appointments. It was 100% worth it and I WILL do it again with my last. He is the best doctor I have ever had and the nursing staff and everyone around was fantastic to say the least! Hospital included. (I'll get to them later!)  Once I got about three weeks from my due date I requested for my membranes to be str

Gma-H and Aunt Mandee came to visit!

YAY for Gma-H and aunt Mandee visit!  Emmy loved getting to see these two and have a fun weekend shopping and at the pool! She was all smiles all weekend long! I am so glad they were able to fly out and see our family for a bit. I hardly get to see my little sister because she plays college ball in Wyoming. It's the pits!!! For being a few months since they last saw her, Emmy acted like she knew exactly who they were! I'm sooooooo grateful for such an awesome mother who really helped our family out during this trip and for her unconditional love and support for us! She is the real deal peeps :) Emmy adores her just like I do! Thanks for the GREAT weekend you two! -Love Kam & Tys What an awesome sunset we got to see on our drive home!  SHOPPING & FOOD! We had a blast at the mall where Gma-H spoiled us all! We got to ride this elephant around the mall for 12 minutes! Emmy was so content and loving it! ^^^^  Party at the pool! Our pool i

I ran.

As some of you may know me well, you know that I do not care for running. I don't mind running for sports like softball, but something about just plain running is not appealing to me. Ever since Tyson and I have been married he has been trying to get me to go running and to like it. Tyson however, is a big runner. Super good at it and ran cross country and track in high school. It is so easy for him! We have been married 4 years now and I finally decided to run. My family (the Davis Clan) do the Turkey Trot every year, it's their tradition. This year I decided that I wanted to join in with everyone and do the race as well! Well, we got there with only like 5 minutes before the race started and still had to wait in a line to get our numbers. We started the race alone. I had such good entertainment the entire race. Tyson, my brother-in-law Steven and our friend Scott all ran and it was so much fun!! They kept me going and kept me entertained to say the least. All in all it was