Skip to main content

Emmy's Birth Story

                                                This is our sweet girl Emmy Honey!


 
Emmy was born January 31st at 5:28 p.m.
Weight- 5 pounds 12 ounces
Height- 20 inches

The birth story-- As you may know, Tyson has been working very hard to finish school and attend all the important competitions and conventions that he could. Well Tyson happened to have one competition in Reno a few days after my actual due date (which was February 3rd). We were so worried that he wouldn't get to be there at the hospital with me. Fortunately for us our doctor was so fantastic that together we all decided I would be induced on the 31st of January rather than wait. (YAY!!!) The morning of the 31st I called the hospital (5:30 a.m.) to see if they were not too busy to have me come in and get going. They said that they had been slammed through the night with new babies so to wait for their call. I'll admit I was a little bummed, but it all worked out! My mamma, Tyson and I all went shopping for some groceries. I was in the seasonings isle when THE CALL came in! It was the hospital saying that they were ready for me to come in and get induced! I started screaming for Tyson and my mom and we rushed through the check out line! We had to go to our apartment to get our paperwork and bags then we were off to the hospital! We got all checked in at about 10:00 a.m. Unless you have had a baby before, you cannot even imagine the different emotions I was feeling! Well I was all set up and getting Pitocin dosages to help induce the labor. I wasn't allowed to eat anything so I just had ice chips the entire day. The doctor finally came in at about 11:30 a.m. and broke my water to help things get going as well. After that I quickly started feeling some more intense contractions. I got dilated to a 4 and I asked for some pain killer that they give through your IV line. It made me very sleepy so I closed my eyes and let myself try and relax. Well it didn't last long because the contractions were getting so hard I couldn't take it. I got to a 5.5 in dilation and I got the worlds greatest invention, and EPIDURAL! Once that baby kicked in I was doing great! Just relaxing. The relaxing quickly turned into nervousness when the nurse started being slightly alarmed at what she saw on the monitor. She explained to me that as I was having a contraction that Emmy's heartbeat was dropping way too low. She was happy to see that after the contraction her heart rate would come right back up to where it should be. They sent live video streaming over to the doctors office where my doctor was and he monitored us from there. I was so scared that I just closed my eyes took deep breaths and prayed to my Father in Heaven for the strength to overcome this and for comfort that Emmy would be okay. The clock struck 5 p.m. and the doctor came over to the hospital. Soon enough I started feeling not painful pressure and told my nurse that I thought my epidural was wearing off. She decided to check my dilation and sure enough I was at 10 and Emmy was ready to make her world debute! It was time and I was so excited! I didn't have to have an emergency C-section because my doctor is amazing!! He had to help bring her out with a vacuum. It turns out that Emmy had got herself wrapped in the ambilical cord, twice around her neck and once around her body. So, as I would have a contraction, the cord was squeezing tight on her neck and body making I hard to breathe and therefore dropping her heart rate. Luckily we got her out within 11 minutes of pushing! I only got to see her briefly before they took her to the NICU because now her heart rate was too rapid. I waited anxiously for over an hour to see my little girl. Tyson went with her to the NICU and my mom stayed with me. They finally brought her to our room and I was so relieved to finally hold her and just look at her! She was so wide eyed and attentive.



                                                 This is where Tyson slept both nights!


We both recovered well and we couldn't be happier to have her in our lives!





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brooks' Birth Story

Brooks' pregnancy was by far my hardest. The struggles with sickness, body pain in every way including a hernia, and the mental battles that I faced was almost too much for me. I know without a doubt that the Lord was aware of me and made up for that which I couldn't.  The only fun part of this pregnancy was not knowing what we were having! I still cannot even believe that I did this! It was such a challenge and by 30 weeks I was aching to nest and had no clue what to nest for! In the end I absolutely loved finding out at birth and will probably do it again!  We ended up moving in June which left me traveling about an hour to my doctor for my appointments. It was 100% worth it and I WILL do it again with my last. He is the best doctor I have ever had and the nursing staff and everyone around was fantastic to say the least! Hospital included. (I'll get to them later!)  Once I got about three weeks from my due date I requested for my membranes to be str

Gma-H and Aunt Mandee came to visit!

YAY for Gma-H and aunt Mandee visit!  Emmy loved getting to see these two and have a fun weekend shopping and at the pool! She was all smiles all weekend long! I am so glad they were able to fly out and see our family for a bit. I hardly get to see my little sister because she plays college ball in Wyoming. It's the pits!!! For being a few months since they last saw her, Emmy acted like she knew exactly who they were! I'm sooooooo grateful for such an awesome mother who really helped our family out during this trip and for her unconditional love and support for us! She is the real deal peeps :) Emmy adores her just like I do! Thanks for the GREAT weekend you two! -Love Kam & Tys What an awesome sunset we got to see on our drive home!  SHOPPING & FOOD! We had a blast at the mall where Gma-H spoiled us all! We got to ride this elephant around the mall for 12 minutes! Emmy was so content and loving it! ^^^^  Party at the pool! Our pool i

I ran.

As some of you may know me well, you know that I do not care for running. I don't mind running for sports like softball, but something about just plain running is not appealing to me. Ever since Tyson and I have been married he has been trying to get me to go running and to like it. Tyson however, is a big runner. Super good at it and ran cross country and track in high school. It is so easy for him! We have been married 4 years now and I finally decided to run. My family (the Davis Clan) do the Turkey Trot every year, it's their tradition. This year I decided that I wanted to join in with everyone and do the race as well! Well, we got there with only like 5 minutes before the race started and still had to wait in a line to get our numbers. We started the race alone. I had such good entertainment the entire race. Tyson, my brother-in-law Steven and our friend Scott all ran and it was so much fun!! They kept me going and kept me entertained to say the least. All in all it was